When doing custom column comparisons on a table, you may want to note what columns are being compared specifically in the footer. This article describes how to go from a table showing Column Comparisons...
...to a table which indicates which columns are being compared. In this case, it adds Comparisons A/B to the footer:
- A table with rows and columns.
- Column Comparisons are showing on your table.
This rule infers which columns have been compared based on the information in the Columns Compared statistic on the table, and it does not have access to the settings in the Statistical Assumptions. As a result:
- You need to manually adjust Comparisons within spans.
- This rule only supports standard column names (single letters or single letters followed by a number), e.g. A-Z, A0-Z0, A1-Z1 and not AA - ZZ.
1. Select your table.
2. In the toolbar go to Automate > Browse Online Library > Modify Footers > Display Which Columns Are Being Compared.
3. OPTIONAL: Adjust Comparisons within spans depending on whether or not the statistical testing is being performed within spans.
4. Press OK.