This article describes how to install a Q standard license.
- A Q standard professional license.
- You need to be an Administrator or have administrator rights on your computer (you may need to contact your IT administrator to install Q).
To install the standard license:
- Go to your Q customer page. If you don't know the URL of your customer page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the section titled Your Computers, click on the Install Q Professional link. If there are multiple install links, you can click any of them.
- On the following screen, click Install Q Professional. This will initiate a download of the Q installation file.
- Once the installation file has finished downloading, navigate to the download folder and locate the Q Setup file .exe file.
- Double-click to open the file and run the setup.
- When prompted by Windows if you would like to allow the app to make changes, click Yes and click Next.
- When asked about the license agreement, select I accept the agreement and click Next.
- At the next prompt, select the Allow checkbox if you want to allow Q to collect feature usage statistics (this does not include any of your data) and then click Next.
- Next, you'll be asked to select an installation folder. If you want to install to the default folder, proceed by clicking Next. If you instead want select a different installation folder, click the Browse button to navigate to and select your desired installation folder and click OK. Then click Next to continue.
- Decide if you want a desktop shortcut for Q and click Next.
- Click Install.
- Once the installation is complete, click the Finish button.
- A web page will appear where you can confirm your name, email and your computer's name. Make any necessary update and click Confirm when done. This web page can then be closed.
You can confirm the license has been successfully installed by opening Q and looking at the title of the Q window in the top left corner. If installed successfully, it will say Project: Untitled.Q - Q Professional.