- Install TextPad. Select your preferred version from http://www.textpad.com/download/index.html (i.e., the most recent version in your language), download it and install it.
- Open TextPad. (If it is already open, close it and open it again.)
- From the Configure menu, choose New Document Class.
- Type the name "QScript" and click Next.
- Type "*.QScript" and click Next.
- Check Enable syntax highlighting.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK (if required).
Any file that is opened in TextPad with a file extension of .QScript will now highlight the text. For some example QScripts, see the QScript Examples Library.