It is possible to export the custom color palettes that you have set up in a project, and then import them into a second project, to avoid having to recreate the color palettes. This procedure save both the default colors that are set in the Charts tab of the Project Options, and the custom colors that are shown whenever you choose a color from the color palette (for example when formatting a chart).
Two or more Q projects, one with the color palette you wish to import
The steps to export your color palette are as follows:
- Open the project when your custom colors have been defined.
- Enter the Debug mode by holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and selecting Help: About Q.
- Select Tools: Export Branding and click Ok to the prompt.
- Choose a location and name for a file to store your color palette and then click Ok.
Then, to import your color palette into a different project:
- Open the second project.
- Enter the Debug mode as above.
- Select Tools: Import Branding and click Ok to the prompt.
- Locate the file in which you stored your color palette and then click Ok.
This will replace the colors of the second project with the colors from the first.