This article describes how to go from
To this ...
A Pick One - Multi Question
- Select the Variables and Questions tab
- Select the last variabile in the news sources question
- Right-click and select Insert Ready-Made Formula(s) > Pick One - Multi -> Pick Any (flatten). This creates a new flattened version of the grid question.
- Enter a name for the flattened question, and click OK
- When prompted, select to nest within Rows and click OK
The results are as follows:
- Select all of the new variables, right-click and select Split Variables from Question.
- Select the first 5 variables (they should all be the same category). This number will vary based on the number of values you have in each of your original variables. In this example, each News Source variable has 5 values.
- With them selected, right-click and select Set Question. Set them as a Pick Any. Repeat this for all of the sets of 5 variables for each category.
- Select the first Pick Any question, right-click and select Insert Ready-Made Formula(s) > Pick Any -> Pick One. Name the variable and supply a label.
This will make a new Pick One that merges the responses from the 5 positions.
- Select the Outputs tab
- Create a table for each of the new variables