This article describes how to use a built-in QScript to scan through a data file and look for data that likely needs to be examined or corrected. The script creates tables with cells highlighted that may be of interest.
A data file loaded in Q
To run this QScript, select Automate > Browse Online Library > Preliminary Project Setup > Tables for Data Checking.
The QScript examines all tables containing non-text and non-date data, and:
- Identifies all tables containing cells with sample sizes of less than 30.
- Identifies all tables containing 'Don't know' responses.
- Identifies all tables containing blank labels.
- Identifies all tables containing options chosen by 5 or fewer people, or, less than 1% of respondents.
- Identifies all empty tables.
- Identifies numeric data containing outliers, where a variable contains values that are more than or less than 3 standard deviations above or below the mean
- Identifies questions where the Base n is not the same for all variables.