By default in Q, NETs are excluded from Column comparisons. This article describes how to include the NET column when performing column comparison stat testing.
The following table shows column comparisons where the main NET column (the first column below) has been included in the testing.
A table with Compare columns selected in the Show significance menu and a main NET or Total column is present.
- Go to Edit > Project Options > Customize > Statistical Assumptions. IMPORTANT: Please read through Statistical Assumptions to understand what each function performs before making updates to the statistical assumption settings in your project.
- Untick Recycle column letters in the Column Comparisons section.
- In the Overlaps menu in the Column Comparisons section, select Independent or Dependent as desired.
- In the Test Type section (also called Statistical tests for categorical and numeric data prior to Q 5.14) it is also recommended that you:
- Change the Proportions setting to Survey Reporter Proportions or Quantum Proportions.
- Change the Means setting to Survey Reporter Means or Quantum Means.
You might also consider:
- Change Weights and significance to Kish's approximation in the Significance levels section.
- Un-tick Within row and span under Column comparisons.
- Right-click one of the column headings and select Comparisons to specify which groups of columns should be compared. See How to Specify Columns to be Compared for more on this.
- If you want to compare across Spans:
- Remove any spans on the table. For a banner, you can remove spans by editing the banner.
- OR right-click one of the column headings and select Comparisons, select Compare all columns and tick Include NETs, or select Custom and specify which groups of columns should be compared. See How to Specify Columns to be Compared for more on this.