From 4.11.11, custom column comparisons are both easier to use and more flexible than in previous versions (see How to Specify Columns to be Compared). Any tables with custom comparisons that were created prior to 4.11.11 will have their custom comparisons reset when they are opened in a more recent version of Q, and will need to be re-created. This page describes how to do this.
To migrate your previous column comparisons across using the new version of Q, follow these steps:
- Copy the message you see, by clicking on the message and pressing CTRL+A and then CTRL+C on your keyboard. Paste the message contents into an editor such as Notepad or Word, to use as a reference.
- Click OK on the message once you have copied its contents. The project will continue loading.
- Using the pasted message text as a reference...
- For each banner mentioned, select a table in the Outputs Tab that uses the banner.
- Identify the span on the table that contains the previous column comparisons.
- Right-click on the span and select Comparisons...
- Select the Custom within span radio button.
- In the text box to the right, enter the previous column comparisons, converting each label into the relevant column letter (e.g. "A/B/C"). Separate multiple groups with a comma (e.g. "A/B/C, D/E/F").
- Click OK and move onto the next span or banner.