This article describes how to compare columns across spans.
A span is Q's term for groups of categories (e.g., Male, Female, and Income in the example below). You can modify and create Spans on banners in the usual ways (see Spans for more information).
You can also automatically place spans above questions by having right-clicking and selecting Create Span.
The default statistical testing used in Q for Column Comparisons only compares columns within a span. There are a number of strategies for overcoming this limitation:
- Over-ride the significance tests. Note that this applies to whichever tables are selected at the time, and any tables copied and modified thereafter.
- Automate > Browse Online Library > Significance Testing in Tables - Independent Samples Column Means and Proportions Tests.
- Select Set column comparisons and enter the desired column comparisons.
- Where the focus is on comparing dates within a Banner, see the Significance testing section on Banners.
- Remove the spans from the table and instead add text to the column headers to denote which columns are related.
- Create a Custom Rule.
How to Compare Significant Differences Between Columns
How to Change Significance Levels for Column Comparisons
Article is closed for comments.