This article describes how to compare columns across spans.
You can also automatically place spans above questions by having right-clicking and selecting Create Span.
The default statistical testing used in Q for Column Comparisons only compares columns within a span. There are a number of strategies for overcoming this limitation:
- Over-ride the significance tests. Note that this applies to whichever tables are selected at the time, and any tables copied and modified thereafter.
- Automate > Browse Online Library > Significance Testing in Tables - Independent Samples Column Means and Proportions Tests.
- Select Set column comparisons and enter the desired column comparisons.
- Where the focus is on comparing dates within a Banner, see the Significance testing section on Banners.
- Remove the spans from the table and instead add text to the column headers to denote which columns are related.
- Create a Custom Rule.