This is a very easy way to grab the value labels of each variable in your dataset and put into excel.
To save the raw data in CSV format (or another Excel format if you prefer) with the Value Labels of each question you can:
- Go to the Variables and Questions tab.
- Highlight all of the variables by pressing Ctrl + A.
- Right-click and select Export Variables to Excel.
- Click Yes when asked about exporting Labels instead of Values.
- In Excel use Save As and choose the format CSV (comma delimited) to save a CSV file.
How to Convert Other Files Types into SPSS or CSV Data Files
How to Work with Large Data Files
Article is closed for comments.